Highland Wholefoods is a workers co-operative situated in the city of Inverness. Founded in 1989, we have a total of 10 workers. The company is wholly owned by its employees and is democratically run with a non-hierarchical structure. We supply vegetarian, vegan, organic, ethical and environmentally friendly food, drinks and household products to the Highlands, islands and north-east Scotland.
Why are we special?
- We supply only the most ethical wholefood products available
- We have established trading relationships with co-operative producers locally, nationally and globally
- We have always supported fair trade and organic issues – both are fundamental to our existence, they are not just issues of convenience or “jumping on the bandwagon”
- We are fully supportive of the anti GM movement and have been involved since its inception
- We were one of the first companies in this area to hold a Soil Association Organic Licence
- We believe that ethically minded consumers, when given the choice, can change the world for the better
- We believe that good healthy food should be available to all, and we endeavour to deliver this to consumers in even the remotest areas
- HIGHLAND WHOLEFOODS BRINGS WHOLEFOODS TO LOCAL COMMUNITIES